Many people buy saltwater aquariums because they think that fish that normally live in the ocean look much better. This must be true because the color is much lighter.
Since there is more saltwater than fresh water on the planet, there are more colorful varieties of this fish species. You can also check out the recommended usage of red sea salt online before using salt in your aquarium.
However, here are a few reasons why you shouldn't buy a marine aquarium if you're new to fish care.
1) Fish that live in saltwater are much more expensive than freshwater fish.
2) When the water in the aquarium starts to evaporate, the salt content in the aquarium will increase and kill your fish. So don't plan a long vacation.
3) Chlorine kills your marine fish, so you can't add tap water to dilute the salt content unless you use chemicals specially formulated to remove harmful ingredients.
4) As water evaporates, it leaves a salt residue on the glass.
5) You can still get algae even if there is salt in the water.
You really need to consider these reasons not to buy marine fish before you go out and let the beauty of saltwater fish distract you.
True beauty also requires a lot of care when it comes to fish. So if you don't have an aquarium, the fish you can find in the ocean may not be for you.